During 2022 and we expect 2023 as well, our big focus is raising funds for medical expenses. We are helping many families with essential, life saving medicines and services (hemodialysis, home dialysis supplies, anti-rejection drugs for renal transplant patients). Normally these medicines and services would be provided by the public health system at a low cost for these impoverished families, but since covid, funds and public hospital staff are currently not available to provide these services.
Of course there are other programs that need your support too!
The Kids' Kitchens, provides food to over 700 children, 5 days a week - in 6 locations! We are so grateful to Lakeside Foodbank, who pay for most of the food. But their contribution doesn't cover all the expenses involved with this essential program. We pay small stipends to the cooks and helpers, who start work at 5:00 am in the morning. We buy masses of tortillas! And there are expenses to use the truck to pick up food, distribute it to the other kitchens, etc. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!
And we also need:
- Financial help so we can build the community center on some land we have purchased;
- Financial help to build a safe home for Anita on land she has purchased;
- Financial support to keep our truck running and getting serviced. Our truck (thanks to
Ravi), is more rugged than our old one, but it still needs maintenance. We just paid 20,000 pesos for new tires.
- Financial support to pay for the office expenses for WiFi (so students can do
their homework), electric bills, gas and electric for cooking;
- Clean drinking water for the Kids' Kitchens - the cost is around 1,700 pesos a week.
- The ongoing costs of supplies used for First Aid (First Response) at our medical
- Ongoing projects that give people in these areas ways to make a living, with pride.